Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Elliott Brown 40 posts 210 karma points
    May 02, 2022 @ 10:53
    Elliott Brown

UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure not working

Trying to get our v7 site upgraded to v8.13.3.

Stuck on setting up UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure so that our media works with Azure Blobstorage.

After setting everything up I can see that media file are not being created in blob storage, they still appear in /media locally.

Here's what I done so far:

Installed UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure v3.02 via nuget. Added the following to web.config (with necessary connection string replaced) :)

<appSettings>
      <add key="AzureBlobFileSystem.ContainerName:media" value="media" />
      <add key="AzureBlobFileSystem.RootUrl:media" value="https://[myAccountName].blob.core.windows.net/" />
      <add key="AzureBlobFileSystem.ConnectionString:media"
    value="DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName=[myAccountName];AccountKey=[myAccountKey]" />
      <add key="AzureBlobFileSystem.MaxDays:media" value="365" />
      <add key="AzureBlobFileSystem.UseDefaultRoute:media" value="true" />
      <add key="AzureBlobFileSystem.UsePrivateContainer:media" value="false" />
    </appSettings>

I know that my blob storage connections work and I have full access to blob storage to confirm what's happening.

I must have missed something as Umbraco isn't using the blob storage.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Joe Harvey 34 posts 174 karma points
    May 04, 2022 @ 15:57
    Joe Harvey

Hi Elliot,

It's been over a year since I set this up, but I have previously got this up and running on an Umbraco v8.11.1 site for both media and cache containers.

I can't remeber all the docs/assets I used to get this set up, but I certainly made use of:

Have you seen both of these before?

Just to confirm:

• As well as the connection string, you've also updated your Azure Storage account name in the AzureBlobFileSystem.RootUrl:media app setting shown above?
    • The value in your app setting 'AzureBlobFileSystem.ContainerName:media' does indeed correspond to your Azure Storage Account container name, e.g. my container is called 'media' as per the default/example config you provide: enter image description here

I also have some configuration for this in /config/imageprocessor/cache.config and /config/imageprocessor/security.config which you don't mention at all above, though I am not sure if that's because I am using Azure storage for my cache as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft