Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brandon 5 posts 75 karma points
    May 11, 2022 @ 21:21
    Brandon

Product pages are not getting index or display in Umbraco Search

We are trying to use the default Umbraco search functionality and only our pages are getting index and displayed in the results. We have a big list of products that will not show up. I have created a search page and applied the permissions to the product pages. Is there some configuration we have to do either in the code or on the backend to get these pages to index/display. Please let me know if more information is needed.

enter image description here

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 10:50
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Brandon,

Could you go in to the Settings section and then to the Examine Dashboard. There you can enter a search query to see if your products get indexed.

For example :

__NodeTypeAlias:yourProductDoctypeAliasHere

And see if that produces results.

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 13:56
    Brandon

Thank you I found the backend tool under settings. So in the backend my external indexs are there but on the frontend we are not displaying the products. Do we have to edit the search.cshtml file or since they are indexing should they display on the frontend as well?

Backend

Frontend

May 12, 2022 @ 14:23
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Brandon,

Can you perhaps post the code performing the search ?

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 16:58
    Brandon

Dave,

I appreciate the assistance.

We did some additional digging and found since we have the Igloo plug in the search results is taken over by there javascript. We removed some of the extra cultures since there was filtering and it started displaying results. We are missing some fields, for example the url is list set to '#'. The backend index show us a list of fields that is being index and urlName was a field name but updating the igloo.config dosent do anything. Any idea where we need to add the url so its being pulled back for products? Let me know if im missing any details.

Igloo Config

SearchResults

May 12, 2022 @ 17:42
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Brandon,

I am not so familiar with Igloo theme. Mayb it's best to contact their support about this.

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 21:32
    Brandon

Dave,

Thank you for the assistance.

For anyone else that might have this issue, we found three things.

1. There was a Igloo bug with multiple cultures (We had version 3.0)
    2. We updated the igloo.config to include product/products (Onlying missing product url at this point)
    3. Updated the ig-app.js (This was more of a workaround. We modified the js to build a url off of the title)

If we find something from the IglooTheme support team we can post a better solution then the JS workaround.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft