Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phung Dao 22 posts 102 karma points
    May 12, 2022 @ 03:37
    Phung Dao

Alternative Similar to Doc Type Grid Editor?

Hi everyone

We’ve been developing and managing a client’s website on Umbraco 7 for several years now and have created a significant amount of panels/modules using the doc type grid editor

We’ve embarked on doing the Umbraco 9 upgrade but decided to redo the entire website development with a fresh install of Umbraco 9 since we kept running into issues with missing packages and other issues via the traditional upgrade process

That’s been going fine so far but now we need to bring over their modules and I’ve learned that the doc type grid editor isn’t really supported in 9 and it’s already EOL

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/doc-type-grid-editor/

Does anyone have any idea of a similar package or possibly suggestions on how one would utilize the included grid editor to create similar modules?

Thank you!

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 06:26
    Søren Kottal

Are you sure you need the grid editor to do what you need?

We switched to Block List (some times Block List in Block List, to have both sections and blocks).

May 13, 2022 @ 19:04
    Phung Dao

Hi Soren,

Thank you for sharing that. Gave Block List a this try yesterday and so far it looks promising

I haven’t gone through his entire block list in block list tutorial yet but may have to soon to nest items

One thing I did like about the doc type grid editor was that the canvas was empty and you could load any modules you wanted into the canvas, where aS it looks like with Blocklist, I have to load all modules on template with a foreach but minimum of 0 items so users can insert the one they want?

May 26, 2022 @ 08:45
    Phung Dao

Just wanted to update that Blocklist was exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft