Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    May 12, 2022 @ 09:13
    Matt

Hi,

Im getting the following error if I try to save or publish anything.

Exceptions were thrown by listed actions. (Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. (Parameter 'length'))

It still saves but comes up with the above.

Cheers

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 12:15
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Matt,

Can you look in your logs and provide the full stack trace of the error ?

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 12:47
    Matt

HI,

It doesn't have an error in the log that I can see, it does publish still but errors?

{"@t":"2022-05-12T12:42:39.7140639Z","@mt":"Document {ContentName} (id={ContentId}) has been published.","ContentName":"MS Teams","ContentId":1068,"SourceContext":"Umbraco.Cms.Core.Services.Implement.ContentService","ActionId":"cc3f9db4-75ec-4eec-8c20-e62803f74f7f","ActionName":"Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Controllers.ContentController.PostSave (Umbraco.Web.BackOffice)","RequestId":"80001930-0001-f300-b63f-84710c7967bb","RequestPath":"/umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/content/PostSave","ProcessId":31636,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":66,"AppDomainId":1,"AppDomainAppId":"4cdb08e7dafa448fbd7e79667191eb93d97dd423","MachineName":"IISSERVER","Log4NetLevel":"INFO ","HttpRequestId":"fce8bf10-7223-4382-af82-b7e2f8982a4d","HttpRequestNumber":25,"HttpSessionId":"b74cf931-39c8-75db-660a-b337cb699134"}

May 12, 2022 @ 14:22
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

Matt do you have this on all some page types or on all.

Do you have any custom property editors in use ?

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 14:36
    Matt

Hi, I have a general template which using a grid, on there I have nested content with a grid.

Does that help? Sorry the error message isnt very clear to me.

Thanks

May 12, 2022 @ 15:16
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Matt,

Just to be sure. You have grid editor. In that you use a nested content, which has a grid editor inside it.

If that is the case, that is probably the issue. I don't think that is officially supported.

What is the use case for this set up ?

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 15:31
    Matt

Hi Dave,

So I have a template setup with a general Grid, Then I have a composition setup with nested content which I used for accordions which I added to the template permissions.

The site has been running for about 2 months with no issues, just started happening for some reason.

Cheers

• Mike 7 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 29, 2022 @ 13:49
    Mike

@Matt - Was this resolved? If yes.... "How?"

• Warren Harding 132 posts 275 karma points
    Mar 22, 2023 @ 22:36
    Warren Harding

We're currently seeing this on a 10.2 umbraco instance as well

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    One or more errors occurred. (Exceptions were thrown by listed actions. (Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. (Parameter 'length')))

And the full stack trace is:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Exceptions were thrown by listed actions. (Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. (Parameter 'length')))
     ---> System.AggregateException: Exceptions were thrown by listed actions. (Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. (Parameter 'length'))
     ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. (Parameter 'length')
       at CSharpTest.Net.IO.TransactedCompoundFile.Write(UInt32 handle, Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
       at CSharpTest.Net.Storage.BTreeFileStoreV2.Update[T](IStorageHandle handleIn, ISerializer`1 serializer, T node)
       at CSharpTest.Net.Collections.BPlusTree`2.NodeCacheBase.SaveChanges(NodePin pin)
       at CSharpTest.Net.Collections.BPlusTree`2.NodeTransaction.PerformCommit()
       at CSharpTest.Net.Collections.BPlusTree`2.Insert[T](NodePin thisLock, TKey key, T& value, NodePin parent, Int32 parentIx)
       at CSharpTest.Net.Collections.BPlusTree`2.Insert[T](NodePin thisLock, TKey key, T& value, NodePin parent, Int32 parentIx)
       at CSharpTest.Net.Collections.BPlusTree`2.AddEntry[T](TKey key, T& info)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.PublishedCache.ContentStore.Release(WriteLockInfo lockInfo, Boolean commit)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Scoping.ScopeContext.ScopeExit(Boolean completed)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Scoping.ScopeContext.ScopeExit(Boolean completed)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.<>c__DisplayClass100_0.<RobustExit>g__HandleScopeContext|2()
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.TryFinally(Action[] actions)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.TryFinally(Action[] actions)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.Dispose()
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Services.CacheInstructionService.ProcessInstructions(CacheRefresherCollection cacheRefreshers, ServerRole serverRole, CancellationToken cancellationToken, String localIdentity, DateTime lastPruned, Int32 lastId)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Sync.DatabaseServerMessenger.Sync()
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.HostedServices.ServerRegistration.InstructionProcessTask.PerformExecuteAsync(Object state)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft