Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Rud 232 posts 902 karma points c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 10:12
    Martin Rud

How to have multiple domains pointing on the same Umbraco 9 installation?

Hi,

I have a site running and working fine on sub1.mydomain.com, but when I try to load sub2.mydomain.com (which points on the same Umbraco solution) I get this error:

ASP.NET Core does not support multiple apps in the same app pool

How can I achieve what I want - one Umbraco 9 installation running multiple domains and/or subdomains?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 10:21
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Martin,

How do you configure your second domain ? As a seperate website in IIS or with a additional http binding on the same website ?

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 10:26
    Martin Rud

I do it from my hosting providers (Simply.com) control panel where all I can do is

1. Type the domain / subdomain (i.e. sub2.mydomain.com )

2. Choose folder to point it to (I chose "sub1" which is the folder containing the Umbraco solution where sub1.mydomain.com runs from now)

My guess is that it corresponds to "additional http binding on the same website" in your terms above.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 12:13
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Martin,

I think you should reach out to your hosting provider to see what they are doing behind the scenes.

Dave

May 12, 2022 @ 14:44
    Martin Rud

Think, you are right. Thanks!

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    May 12, 2022 @ 14:00
    Tom Madden

I suspect you need to add the second (sub)domain in a different way. I'm not familiar with the Simply control panel, but in Plesk you would add a 'domain alias' in order to do this. In this case it doesn't (and shouldn't) ask you select a folder, but just to select an existing website. This, in effect, just adds a domain binding to an existing site to accept traffic from that (sub)domain.

HTH

t

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft