Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Miha 5 posts 95 karma points
    May 14, 2022 @ 16:23
    Miha

Examine Lucene Raw Query

Hello there folks, I got asked to make some changes on a project that was developed by someone else,problem is,whoever made it,made bad searching for it so I should get into it and fix it. I am a bit stuck with searching in umbraco v8,with umbraco v7 it was easy to make complex query that were not achievable/very complex with the Fluent API(gives me a headache) and make search based on the query.

e.g. nodeName:(+fast~ +cars~)^20 nodeName:(fast cars)^16 nodeName:(fast cars*)^12

it may be silly example but you get the point. I've been digging around it for hours,but can't seem to find to make it work in v8 like it worked in v7. I am trying to avoid using Fluent API for my searches 'cuz i don't know if it's even possible to do it(it requires quite complex searches).

If anyone knows how to make use of raw queries in v8 I would appreciate it. I didn't manage to find anything related on the topic. I apologise if it was already answered/asked.

Tnx.

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 14, 2022 @ 19:42
    Paul Seal

Hi I did a 5 part series about searching in Umbraco v8. You might find it useful.

This particular episode shows you how to use fuzzy search and boosting.

https://youtu.be/v-F7Ot1fJJ8

Cheers

Paul

May 15, 2022 @ 09:31
    Miha

thank you for reply,great video for v8 , still I wonder if i could do raw queries insted of Fluent API,for me it's lot easier to make raw query then to do extension methods or complex query via Fluent API.

cheers...

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 15, 2022 @ 09:44
    Paul Seal

Hi

Yes you can definitely do raw queries in v8. I’m not at my desk until tomorrow though so I can’t dig out the code for you but it should be straight forward and similar to v7.

Paul

May 15, 2022 @ 10:09
    Miha

I've been trying that for hours, with no succes idk what am i doing wrong,thank for help, enjoy your day

Cheers

May 16, 2022 @ 12:57
    Miha

Still no luck, everything i found includes Fluent API query, it seems it is not that straight forward in v8 as it was in v7 :) Seems I will have to figure it out using Fluent API which is sadly overkill for complex queries.I've seen people trying to get this for quite some time with no luck.Fluent API can't combine e.g. Fuzzy and Boost together.

Cheers

May 24, 2022 @ 08:15
    Miha

Well I managed to make it,it was quite simple but with a bit of confusion cuz' it parses query a bit different then it did in v7.There were a lot of errors in the beginning cuz' of parser but through NativeQuery method you can make it with raw string qurey,just be carefull as I said you have to be more carefull with query string cuz it is not that forgiving like v7 that did a lot of job for you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft