Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ray 13 posts 103 karma points notactivated
    May 16, 2022 @ 03:14
    Ray

No umbraco document matches the URL 'xxx'

Using umbraco7, I created a Document Type named HomePage with a corresponding Template, and then created the corresponding Content. Then I created a new Template named Test (this is an independent cshtml file without corresponding Document Type and Content nodes, and the path of the Template file is /Views/test.cshtml). When I was on HomePage add a link to Test.cshtml

<a href="/Test">test</a>

Start the project. After the browser loads the HomePage, click the a link from the HomePage page, which can be normally routed to Test.cshtml in umbraco7, but it doesn't work properly in umbraco8. The error message is as follows,

enter image description here

Do I need additional configuration in umbraco8 and how to implement it? Thanks.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 16, 2022 @ 15:36
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ray

Do you mean to 'route' the link to the test template with the context of the 'homepage' using Umbraco's AltTemplate convention?

If so, then that has been 'turned off' by default on V8

I added a note to the documentation here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Routing/Request-Pipeline/IContentFinder-v8#adding-and-removing-icontentfinders

But you can re-enable it by using a composer to add the ContentFinderByUrlAndTemplate content finder back into the queue of ContentFinders and it will work like it did in V7.

regards

marc

• Ray 13 posts 103 karma points notactivated
    May 17, 2022 @ 09:43
    Ray

Hi Marc,

This is exactly what I need. Now it can be used normally. Many Thanks.

Best Regards

Ray

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft