Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• supertrip 4 posts 75 karma points
    May 17, 2022 @ 13:58
    supertrip

How to use PropertyValueConverterBase asynchronously?

Hi, I am developing an Umbraco 9 package.

I learnt how to use the PropertyValueConverterBase object, and how to intercept data called from the database in the following way:

```

public override object ConvertIntermediateToObject(IPublishedElement owner, IPublishedPropertyType propertyType, PropertyCacheLevel referenceCacheLevel, object inter, bool preview)
    {
            var configuration = propertyType.DataType.ConfigurationAs<MappeConfigurationModel>();

var model = string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(inter?.ToString()) ? configuration.Tipologia : _jsonSerializer.Deserialize<MappeModel>(inter.ToString());

model.Configuration = configuration;
            return model;
    }

```

As you can see, with the method above I have the chance to intercept the data fetched from the database and manipulate it before it gets returned to the property editor as a value (and then displayed on the front-end).

However, I am in need now to make a http request call to an API controller to fetch some additional data...

How I achieve such result? The IPropertyValueConverter interface from which I inherit my object does not have an async version of ConvertIntermediateToObject...

For example, the code below is not accepted:

```

public async override Task<object> ConvertIntermediateToObject(IPublishedElement owner, IPublishedPropertyType propertyType, PropertyCacheLevel referenceCacheLevel, object inter, bool preview)
    {
            var client = _httpClientFactory.CreateClient();

var response = await client.GetAsync(baseUri + "umbraco/plugin/people/getpeople");

var configuration = propertyType.DataType.ConfigurationAs<MappeConfigurationModel>();

var model = string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(inter?.ToString()) ? configuration.Tipologia : _jsonSerializer.Deserialize<MappeModel>(inter.ToString());

model.Configuration = configuration;
            return model;
    }

```

In other words, does anyone know how to wait for the response of a HTTP call before passing the value to a propertyEditor in Umbraco?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft