Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeffrey Weinstein 67 posts 313 karma points
    Jun 01, 2022 @ 04:59
    Jeffrey Weinstein

Shared and Embeded content, 1:Many relationship

Hello,

I'm not sure how to solve this issue - Let's say I have blog post and each blog post have Author. And Author can have multiple posts, but I don't want Author to have its page.

Author would be ideally content type with properties like Name, Photo, Bio, Social Links, etc...

And when I am adding new blog post I would pick from list of "Authors" which would content which does not have page on its own, but it would not be nested content, because I don't want to define those properties multiple times per each blog post.

I hope I make sense

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 01, 2022 @ 07:20
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Jeffrey,

I would let editors create authors somewhere in the CMS. Just make sure the author doctype does not have template assigned.

Than I would use create a doctype based on the Multinode tree picker : https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Backoffice/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Multinode-Treepicker/

There you can set which types of content can be selected. And even provide it with a root node (that you can point to your authors folder).

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft