Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nickornotto 397 posts 900 karma points
    Jun 04, 2022 @ 10:13
    nickornotto

Macro with Property type picker throws error on opening

...and not showing properties in picker in macro

I have a macro parameter of type Property type picker. It worked fine in Umbraco 7.

However when trying to use the macro on a page and select the types - when opening the macro to select properties - I receive an error:

enter image description here

(Property is of type property type picker)

An error occurred Don't know how to map Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.IPropertyType to Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.ContentEditing.EntityBasic.

Exception Details System.InvalidOperationException, System.Private.CoreLib, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e: Don't know how to map Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.IPropertyType to Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.ContentEditing.EntityBasic. Stacktrace at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Mapping.UmbracoMapper.Map[TTarget](Object source, Type sourceType, MapperContext context) at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Mapping.UmbracoMapper.Map[TSource,TTarget](TSource source, MapperContext context) at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator2.ToList() at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Mapping.UmbracoMapper.MapEnumerable[TSourceElement,TTargetElement](IEnumerable1 source) at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Controllers.EntityController.GetResultForAll(UmbracoEntityTypes entityType, String postFilter) at lambdamethod997(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncObjectResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync() at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync() --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.Awaited|250(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)

• Nguyen Quang Dung 1 post 20 karma points
    Sep 22, 2022 @ 08:10
    Nguyen Quang Dung

Hi nick, did you resolve the problem? I got the same here.

• ewuski 88 posts 234 karma points
    Jun 09, 2023 @ 13:49
    ewuski

Hi, I've noticed the same issue on Umbraco 10.

Even if I create a new macro with PropertyTypePicker or MultiplePropertyTypePicker it is throwing an error.

Did you find the solution/ replacement?

• ewuski 88 posts 234 karma points
    Jun 14, 2023 @ 12:25
    ewuski

I have filed an issue with Umbraco and they reported the fix will be released in v10.6.0:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/14371

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft