Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Jun 07, 2022 @ 15:17
    Chris Norwood

Image Editors not loading

Hello all,

We have an Umbraco 8 site (currently on 8.6.5); it runs in Azure, and we have a local as well as a Test/Dev environment. (This isn't a question about Azure configuration - we have all that working with no issue).

Uploaded files are stored and server from an Azure blob, using the AzureBlobFileSystemProvider package.

Recently we decided to test 8.18 with a view to upgrading to the latest version (but this is a large site and requires careful testing); so I created a copy of the existing database and a new branch of the GIT repo locally, and upgraded that to 8.18.

This all worked fine; however, now when I go back to the 8.6.5 branch (looking at a different database, but using the same Azure blob storage), I cannot edit any files in the Media section.

The images still appear in the front end, but when selecting an image in the back office no editor appears - it looks like this:

No editing components

The image is still present, it's just refusing to load the image cropper that would let you edit it - you can still see thumbnails if you select a folder, and all other functions work as expecting (you can select an image in a page and it will be displayed in the RTE), so it just seems to be this one section that's broken.

There are no errors in the browser developer console or in the Umbraco Log file (I turned on Verbose logging and checked); the only oddity I can see is that there seems to be no nucache.db file anywhere in the local site. I can still edit content and Umbraco Forms (which we are also storing in a container).

I'm suspecting that somehow my 8.6.5 branch has been affected by the separate branch, perhaps a config setting, but several hours of hunting hasn't produced anything so far - is anybody aware of any setting/update that might cause this?

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    Jun 07, 2022 @ 19:11
    Chris Norwood

Well that's embarrassing- the Umbraco folder isn't under source control, so I'd overwritten 8.6.5 files with 8.18 files and it seems 8.18 uses a completely different mechanism for loading media....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft