Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Jun 10, 2022 @ 13:45
    Thomas

Umbraco 9.5.0 Visual studio publish issue

I have a strange issue..

After I have updated to Umbraco 9.5.0...

When I now folder publish from Visual studio, then it ignores *.html files from the App_Plugins folder...

It works fine in 9.4.3. I have now tried to install a clean 9.4.3 and a clean 9.5.0.. 9.4.3 folder publish works fine. Html copied to deploy folder.. 9.5.0 folder publish ignores the html files from my test project.. Anyone that have tried that ?

• Arjan H. 221 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jun 10, 2022 @ 14:42
    Arjan H.

Edit the project file and make sure App_Plugins is included:

<ItemGroup>
      <Content Include="App_Plugins/**" CopyToOutputDirectory="Always" />
      <Content Include="umbraco/**" CopyToOutputDirectory="Always" />
    </ItemGroup>

• Alan Draper 52 posts 135 karma points
    Jan 17, 2024 @ 21:42
    Alan Draper

Can you tell me why this is needed? I thought the idea of csproj files was that files were automatically included unless they were specifically excluded.

And won't this also include .cs files in the App_Plugins folder? Which I would not want to publish.

• Arjan H. 221 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jan 18, 2024 @ 08:43
    Arjan H.

I think it's best explained by this comment on Github:

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/12572#issuecomment-1413706045

But you shouldn't have any .cs files in your App_Plugins folder. This folder is intended for frontend assets. Server-side logic should be placed in a separate class library project, or at least in a separate folder (structure) within the web project.

I personally use this approach to show files for my custom plugins in Solution Explorer, but hide files from packages (like Contentment):

<ItemGroup>
        <Content Remove="App_Plugins/**" />
        <Content Include="App_Plugins/CustomIcons/**" CopyToOutputDirectory="Always" />
        <Content Include="App_Plugins/CustomFilters/**" CopyToOutputDirectory="Always" />
        <Content Include="App_Plugins/MailTemplates/**" CopyToOutputDirectory="Always" />
        <Content Include="App_Plugins/UmbracoTweaks/**" CopyToOutputDirectory="Always" />
    </ItemGroup>

• Ambert van Unen 175 posts 817 karma points c-trib
    Jun 13, 2022 @ 11:18
    Ambert van Unen

I've already replied on the github issue. But I'm experiencing the same thing. This also happens when publishing in a (Linux) docker container or Azure Pipeline

I've checked my .proj file and all the .html files are included there, but they are not published.

For testing I ran it my project in a docker locally, and indeed the .html files aren't published in my docker container.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft