Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• svinoe2105 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 21, 2022 @ 07:57
    svinoe2105

lightinject fails after upgrade

Hi

I have upgraded Umbraco from 8.11.1 to 8.18.4. I have cleaned every project - deleted temp files etc. But lightinject / dependency lookup keeps failing . The place where it fails is pretty trivial - its an injection of a class wrapping some helper methods for ConfigurationManager

Does anybody have an idea what to do next?

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2022 @ 08:06
    Marc Goodson

Hi svinoe2105

Bit of a guess, but does the injected class 'wrap' UmbracoHelper or UmbracoContext??

If so it might be that there is no guarantee of a Context being available if you are outside of a Http Request...

... if that is the case...

Then you'd need to inject UmbracoContextFactory and use EnsureUmbracoContext:

some info here:

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Implementation/Services/index-v8#accessing-published-content-outside-of-a-http-request

But apologies if you are already doing this!

Have just seen this be the issue before for people.

regards

Marc

Jun 21, 2022 @ 08:29
    svinoe2105

Hi Marc

Unfortunately thats not the case at least for this class - its a wrap around ConfigurationManager (system.configuration)

Regards Henrik Farnø

Jun 22, 2022 @ 14:24
    svinoe2105

Hi

I have an update. I am able to reproduce this in an upgrade from 8.11.1 to 8.11.2 . First I did the nuget upgrade and it failed with the same error

I then manually updated the umbraco.dlls to 8.11.2. and added the 2 updated dlls. Angel.css and HtmlSanitizer and the same result occurs

Regards

Henrik Farnø

Jun 22, 2022 @ 16:08
    svinoe2105

Hi

Problem solved - I added this attribute to the failing dependencies: [RuntimeLevel(MaxLevel = RuntimeLevel.Run)]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft