Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bram van den Bogaard 4 posts 35 karma points
    Jun 21, 2022 @ 19:04
    Bram van den Bogaard

Error during Installation: Transaction has completed, it is no longer usable (V10)

Hi everyone, I've ran into an issue unfortunately. I created a new database for Umbraco 10 but when running the installer I get an error that is not known to me and the "fixes" found online (restarting database, creating a new one from scratch etc.) are not working. The error happens during the ZombieCheck on the database.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.\r\n ---> System.InvalidOperationException: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable.\r\n at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlTransaction.ZombieCheck()\r\n at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlTransaction.Commit()\r\n at NPoco.Database.CompleteTransaction()\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.DisposeLastScope()\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.Dispose()\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Migrations.Install.DatabaseBuilder.CreateSchemaAndData()\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Install.InstallSteps.DatabaseInstallStep.ExecuteAsync(Object model)\r\n --- End of inner exception stack trace ---\r\n at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span 1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)\r\n at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Install.InstallApiController.ExecuteStepAsync(InstallSetupStep step, Object instruction)\r\n at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Install.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

Is anyone here familiar with this error?

Thanks in advance :)

• Chris Fitz-Avon 3 posts 95 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2022 @ 13:52
    Chris Fitz-Avon

I've just worked through the exact same error. In my case the database user that I configured didn't have the permission to create tables and so the install failed.

After granting the user membership of the db_owner role the install completed successfully.

• Bram van den Bogaard 4 posts 35 karma points
    Jun 28, 2022 @ 18:27
    Bram van den Bogaard

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry for my late reply, I've only just now gotten to working on this project again unfortunately. Your solution is correct and the issue has been fixed! Thanks a lot for the help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft