Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 13 posts 88 karma points
    Jun 22, 2022 @ 02:08
    Matthew

Record Reader Service No Longer Getting Records After Upgrade to U10

Hi, I am running into an issue since upgrading to v10 from v9 with the record reader service. I have a form for reviews and the reviews are rendered back to the blog article they were left on. For reference, I am using the method outlined in the documentation at https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/umbracoforms/developer/working-with-data/

I have the using and injection statements as outlined. Here is the first bit of code, and when debugging items is now being set NULL despite there being form records for the page. Any direction would be appreciated!

EDIT Quick update. It seems this is only affecting existing records. If I enter something new into the forms those records are displayed, but any records that existed before the upgrade are not being displayed.

Additional Edit - Sometime later while still testing new entries no longer return as well despite still showing in form entries. I'm beginning to think it's related to one of the indexes somehow.

@{var items = _recordReaderService.GetApprovedRecordsFromPage(Model.Id, 1, 10)?.Items;}

@if (items == null || !items.Any())
     {
     <p>There are no reviews yet. Leave your review to be the first!</p>
     }
    else
    {
     @foreach (var record in _recordReaderService.GetApprovedRecordsFromPage(Model.Id, 1, 10)?.Items)    
    {

• Johan Runsten 38 posts 276 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2022 @ 06:45
    Johan Runsten

Hi!

I'm unfamiliar with the record reader service and I'm not sure if that data is contained in any of the indices listed here: /umbraco#/settings?dashboard=settingsExamine but you can try rebuilding those maybe?

• Matthew 13 posts 88 karma points
    Jun 24, 2022 @ 03:24
    Matthew

Hi there, I tried rebuilding and it was not correcting the issue, however I ended up deleting all of the Examine files in the temp directory and then did a rebuild and this seemed to correct the issue. Seems something was hung in there from the v9->v10 upgrade. Hopefully that helps if anyone else stumbles on this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft