Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Jun 27, 2022 @ 11:22
    Paul

How to get App_plugins/UmbracoForms to auto build??

Hi,

Two Umb Forms questions! Umb v 9.5.2 & Umb Forms v9.4.2 by the way!

1.) How do I go about installing Umbraco.Forms.Core and Umbraco.Forms.Web ? I have a Core/Models/Web architecture and when I install .Core into my .Core project I can't see any files getting added on build? Is there any documentation about what's in each package and how they need installing/referencing etc that I'm missing??

2.) Because I can't seem to get .Core/.Web working I've very reluctantly added the "Umbraco.Forms" (as in the whole package) to my .Web project. Fine, but I don't really want to include the 50+ files in my web project if I don't have to. The views, fine, no issue with those, it's the files in App_Pluging/UmbracoForms that I don't really want in source control. Is there a way I can get these to auto build when Nuget does a package restore so they then exist but without me having to maintain them all?

Thanks!

• Ambert van Unen 175 posts 817 karma points c-trib
    Jul 09, 2022 @ 19:42
    Ambert van Unen

Hai Paul!

It's correct that you don't see any new files being added, as in Core it's just an reference to an DLL thats being added.

UmbracoForms V10 is a Razor Class library, in which you don't have any files in your app_plugins folder anymore during development, I can highly recommend upgrading Umbraco to V10 aswell as it cleans up your entire solution from things you dont even need to see!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft