Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 20 posts 161 karma points notactivated
    Jun 30, 2022 @ 18:22
    Nick

Upgrade to Umbraco 10 failed - Cannot initialize from file

Has anyone come across the following exception when trying to upgrade an Umbraco site from 9.5 to 10?

I upgraded the site on my local and then pushed the updated codebase to the CI environment, where I'm presented with the Authorise Upgrade UI. Upon clicking the Authorise button this is the error I receive in the logs.

Any ideas?

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot initialize from file, the installation file with id 025d9292-972f-4113-bbd6-cea0ba253fc4 does not exist
       at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Install.InstallStatusTracker.InitializeFromFile(Guid installId)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Install.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)
       at lambda_method263(Closure , Object )
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.AwaitableObjectResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionMethodAsync>g__Awaited|12_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, ValueTask`1 actionResultValueTask)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeNextActionFilterAsync>g__Awaited|10_0(ControllerActionInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()

• Miichelfoster 6 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 12, 2022 @ 08:52
    Miichelfoster

Having Same Issue.

• Nick 20 posts 161 karma points notactivated
    Jul 20, 2022 @ 09:49
    Nick

In the end this turned out to be down to a load balanced environment. With Server A containing the installation files and Server B not having any awareness of them. When the installer tried to run, it made the API call to Server B where the files didn't exist.

The solution was to take Server B offline, run the upgrade on Server A and then bring Server B back online.

Hope this helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft