Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ele Pav 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 01, 2022 @ 10:36
    Ele Pav

Hi all,

I am using Umbraco Forms v.10 I'm trying to set up a workflow of sending email (without template) when the form is submitted but I got errors.

The form works at Umbraco's back office, as I can see the entries but I did not get any email.

At Logs I get the following error:

"There was a problem sending an email to {Email} from Workflow for Form {FormName} with id {FormId} for Record with unique id {RecordId}","@l":"Error","@x":"MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpProtocolException: The SMTP server has unexpectedly disconnected."

The SMTP is the following:

(at "From", I gave my email, "Username" and "Password" are those from database)

SMTP

Is there something that I have been missing?

• Damian 61 posts 342 karma points
    Jul 01, 2022 @ 17:38
    Damian

That "Port": 1433, looks kind of suspect as that is typically a SQL server port. Normally SMTP ports are 587 or 465 for secure, production ready connections whilst a localhost port, like you're using here is most often 25.

Give it a try with: "Port": 25,

You also note the following which makes me think you might be entering your database credentials here, given the aforementioned port number…

"Username" and "Password" are those from database

locahost smtp relays don't often have any associated credentials - unless you explicitly set it up that way, which I might guess isn't the case here. I'd say remove these if you're still having issue.

• Ele Pav 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 04, 2022 @ 06:46
    Ele Pav

Hello Damian and thank you for your reply.

I tried that with Port "25" without Username and Password, but I did not receive any email.

I am configuring the workflow via Umbraco's Form Page. Is there any chance that I am missing some kind of code that I should include to the solution regarding the email?

• Damian 61 posts 342 karma points
    Jul 04, 2022 @ 17:17
    Damian

Hi Ele, I wonder if we should step back and start at the very beginning to ask: do you have an SMTP server set up on your machine?

This is typically an extra step you do when setting up a machine for the first time. Historically (over the last 10 years), it involves adding IIS6 metabase // smtp.

If this isn't something you recall or something that your company sets up when providing a machine(?), you may consider an external service to handle all this for you.

You can choose pretty much any service like SendGrid or Mailgun and know that you won't actually be charged for anything until you're sending over 1000 emails a month. There are lots of options on how to develop and test email functionality. I suspect that an external provider might be a good option for you - it will be pretty easy to add the settings in the file system configuration files (not the Umbraco backoffice workflow) so get started.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft