Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mateusz Kotwica 29 posts 129 karma points
    Jul 05, 2022 @ 12:58
    Mateusz Kotwica

Umbraco 8 Content Version Cleanup

As it is my first post on this forum, first of all I'd like to say Hello to Everybody here! 👋

My question is about Content Version Cleanup introduced in the latest Umbraco 8 release: 8.18 LTS

I enabled it for my instance, using default values:

<contentVersionCleanupPolicyGlobalSettings 
      enable="true" 
      keepAllVersionsNewerThanDays="7" 
      keepLatestVersionPerDayForDays="90" />

From the backoffice perspective it looks ok, as in the Permissions tab for all of my Document Types I can see that this message disappeared: Umbraco msg This is where my question begins. For my Document Type, I can still see old versions which - based on the setup above - should already be removed by now: enter image description here My question is - did I understand this feature wrong?

In the documentation there is written that the cleanup job is running hourly. I enabled and deployed this feature yesterday, so it should have enough time to run, right?

I also don't see any useful information in the logs. Is there any way to verfify if the cleanup job has run with success or if it failed?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2022 @ 17:46
    Dan Diplo

Hi. It's an easy mistake to make, but you are probably confusing the audit trail of changes with the actual versioned content. So that list you mentioned is the audit trail of changes that have been made. This doesn't get deleted, as I guess it's important to have a full audit of who did what and when. Think of it as a log of changes.

To check if the actual previous versions have been deleted you can click the "Rollback" button (on same tab). This will list all the previous versions, so you can see how many there are.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft