Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sérgio 30 posts 171 karma points
    Jul 06, 2022 @ 13:42
    Sérgio

Umbraco 10 - Clean installation - Could not connect to database (debug attempts have been made)

Hey there.

I have been using Umbraco for some time, since version 7 and there's a new project that I am starting from scratch with v10.0.1.

I can't get the installer to connect to the database, though.

I have checked the following:

• I can connect to the database, using the same data, through Management Studio
    • I changed the Startup.cs code to create a connection of my own via SQLClient, with the same data, which was successul
    • Looking at the SQL Server Profiler, there's no connection attempt coming from the website (Umbraco) when trying to configure the database settings
    • I have other websites, with other versions of Umbraco installed. This is the first v10 one I am trying to setup
    • .net core 6.0.3 is installed
    • SQL Server Express version is 15

I'm kinda lost here. Any tips?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jul 10, 2022 @ 12:10
    Sérgio

I reckon no one else had this problem?

Jul 11, 2022 @ 10:57
    Sérgio

A bit more of data:

When submitting the form, I get the following from postvalidatedatabaseconnection:

{"Type":"https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-6.5.13","Title":"Unsupported Media Type","Status":415,"Detail":null,"Instance":null,"Extensions":{"traceId":"00-acaed7850191623adc6e92a412dcf271-c8e9c92aeeb9cbd8-00"}}

Jul 12, 2022 @ 11:54
    Sérgio

I managed to get to a conclusion and I will leave it here since it may help someone in the future.

I had a URLRewrite rule in the web.config file to force all URLs to be lowercase.

That was forcing a redirection from PostValidateDatabaseConnection to postvalidatedatabaseconnection, which triggered a 415 error and didn't allow it to go through.

Once I removed that rule, it worked like a charm.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft