Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Will Price 12 posts 94 karma points
    Jul 19, 2022 @ 05:15
    Will Price

Umbraco Forms 'starts with' condition shows drop down instead of text box

Umbraco Forms 10.0.4 on Umbraco 10.0.1

Problem: When creating a condition on a field, if you try and use 'starts with' on a field that is single choice, then it just shows a drop down with the options from the field, instead of previously where a text box was given so you could enter a string.

Contrived Example:

Q1 - Was it cloudy yesterday? Single choice answer: Yes, No, Not recorded, Not known

Q2 - Why didn't you record it? I want to be able to Conditionally show if Q1 answer starts with 'Not' but if you add a Condition Q1 'starts with' it only gives you the option of choosing from a drop down of the Q1 answers instead of a textbox allowing entry of text. This was possible in the previous version of forms I was using (9.xx)

Obviously the example above could be dealt with differently, but due to the complex logic we need on certain fields, and the fact that Forms doesn't cater to multiple and/or statements and only allows you to choose to show a fieldset if 'ALL' or 'ANY', then using Contains allowed us to get the logic to work.

Same problem with 'ends with', 'contains', 'greater than', 'less than'.

This appears to be a bug unless there is something different I have to do with this version to get it to work?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft