Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Francis 16 posts 96 karma points
    Jul 28, 2022 @ 17:09
    Francis

Automatic Package Migration Update for Content

Umbraco Version: 9.3.1

Hello Team,

I wonder if you'd be able to assist me. I used the "Automatic Package Migration" step here to import a package.xml. On the first try it worked so now I have the following contents:

Home --> Page Node 1 --> Page Node 2

Now I have some updates on the contents of these same nodes and thus I have generated an updated package.xml. The import successfully ran but did not update any of the nodes. I got this from the logs

Package migration executed. Summary: Data types installed: 0 Languages installed: 0 Dictionary items installed: 0 Macros installed: 0 Macro partial views installed: 0 Templates installed: 0 Document types installed: 0 Media types installed: 0 Stylesheets installed: 0 Scripts installed: 0 Partial views installed: 0 Entity containers installed: 0 Content items installed: 0 Media items installed: 0

I wonder what I'm missing. Doesn't migration allow updates on the same existing nodes? How do we enable this?

In addition, is there a way we can pick and choose which properties to update and which ones to exclude?

Thank you in advanced.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft