Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• J 445 posts 862 karma points
    Aug 01, 2022 @ 09:34
    J

Does Umbraco handle attributes for a custom section?

Hi

I have created a custom section which is built using AngularJS and Entity Framework.

I am inheriting from UmbracoAuthorizedJsonController in my custom section controller.

I have a method which saves some data using logic i have created within my Entity Framework class. This saves to my database successfully.

Does my method to save data need to be decorated by attributes such as [HttpPost] or does Umbraco handle this?

• Lucas Bisgaard 19 posts 128 karma points c-trib
    Aug 03, 2022 @ 05:37
    Lucas Bisgaard

Hello J,

No Umbraco isn´t handling the as [HttpPost] or [HttpGet] if you follow the UmbracoAuthorizedJsonControllerimplementation you´ll find the MVC ApiContoller.

Umbraco is trying to be close to what MVC would normally do, with some modification.

//L

• J 445 posts 862 karma points
    Aug 03, 2022 @ 07:16
    J

Thanks Lucas, so i should still implement all attributes as necessary myself i.e. [HttpGet], [HttpPost] etc?

Would you happen to know if the [Authorise] attribute would work in Umbraco the same way it does for MVC apps or is this not necessary as UmbracoAuthorizedJsonController is already taking care of that?

• Lucas Bisgaard 19 posts 128 karma points c-trib
    Aug 03, 2022 @ 08:21
    Lucas Bisgaard

No need to make a custom implementation of the attributes. You can simply ref the using of using System.Web.Http;

And there is no need for the [Authorize] attribute when you inhrites the class UmbracoAuthorizedJsonController to your controller.

The UmbracoAuthorizedJsonController is build in to only allow authorize Umbraco users. Read more here: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Routing/Authorized/#routing-requirements-for-backoffice-authentication

If it is members you working with at the UmbracoApiController and need to check authentication, then read more here: https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Reference/Routing/Umbraco-API-Controllers/authorization-v7

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft