Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Philip Hayton 98 posts 435 karma points
    Aug 03, 2022 @ 09:50
    Philip Hayton

Missing files after deploymnet to Umbraco Cloud

Hi guys,

When I deploy my code to Umbraco Cloud I've noticed that one of my folders in App_Plugins is missing some of the folders and files.

/css (missing)
    /js (deployed)
    /lang (missing)
    /views (missing)
    package.manifest (deployed)

I'm used to having problems with doc types but this is the first time I've had a code deploy issue 😅

Has anyone had similar issues? And if so how did you resolve it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Phil

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Nov 15, 2023 @ 15:03
    Sotiris Filippidis

I've been having the same issue on at least two Umbraco Cloud installations (v10). Randomly, some files start missing and even if I go on, change them locally and commit and push they won't appear on the cloud environment.

Nov 15, 2023 @ 15:26
    Philip Hayton

Hi Sotiris,

I can't exactly remember what my solution for this was, but I think it may have been to include those files and folders in the solution.

Give that a go, hopefully it'll work!

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Nov 15, 2023 @ 16:33
    Sotiris Filippidis

I wish it was something like that, at least it would have solved the issue :) But in both cases the files and folders are already included in the project.

In one of the two, the issue appears on some views (!). In the other, on some folders on App_Plugins, but not root ones. It started some weeks ago and it's driving me crazy.

Nov 16, 2023 @ 11:39
    Philip Hayton

Hmmmm.

Here are a couple of other things to try, but please take care when doing it as I'm not sure if these are 'recommended' per se. They are just things that I tried when support were taking too long to get back to me.

(1) Check the casing of the files + filepaths. Have they changed? Sometimes that can throw Git off. It might be worth removing untracked files from the repo.

(2) Sometimes the deployment history can get a bit messed up. This can sometimes manifest itself as the Cloud Dashboard showing an environment error that you know has already been fixed. Clearing the deployments folder sometimes fixes this.

• Go to Kudu tools > CMD
    • Navigate to the Site > Deployments folder
    • Open the 'active' file, make a note of the active deployment
    • Go back to the deployments folder and remove all except for the active one
    • The 'latest.json' file can also give you some clues as to what is going on with the latest deployment

(3) Double check the 'Repository' folder. This can give you some clues as to what is going on when the repository.

• Again, in Kudo tools > CMD
    • Navigate to Site > Repository
  • Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 16, 2023 @ 19:51
    Søren Kottal

Are they "your own" App_Plugin files, or from a package?

If they are your own, you need to explicitly include them in your csproj file, for them to be included when deployed.

You can add this to your .csproj to include everything beneath App_Plugins

<ItemGroup>
        <Folder Include="App_Plugins\**" />
    </ItemGroup>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft