Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Aug 05, 2022 @ 00:51
    Liam Dilley

.Net Core development pipelines

Hi All, I am hoping everyone can help and I think it would be a good topic to have as it could lead to some good scripts/templates and standards within the Umbraco community on this one.

I been trying to work out the best setup to develop multiple websites in my agency where you have your local build development/remote but you have a staging server (our own company server) and of course production.

A build for production, git branch update pipeline but the remote setup, staging and development build and the number of ways you can set things up in .Net Core Plus how Umbraco is setup is giving me a little headache :(

The key thing is that it is not one project. Not one website but multiple sites. You need a solution so that multiple devs across multiple projects/site updates are not a headache. Working on one site/one web application is straight forward in comparison. We work on an agile approach as well with front and back end developers. A new feature of the site I do not want 3 hours more on time just in tech admin on top.

My Ideal:

• Within the office you would have local IP Database connection string
    • Working from home you would have git push/pull of the work of course and run local build with connection string to your database
    • You would have a build for production and push to your production branch (Where git scripts etc to sync to production - this all good with)

You have the app settings Json and startup and program cs. You have your launchSettings.json.

It would be great to have build commands for local to work locally, working to push to staging so clients can see new work etc and then a production build. To aide pipeline syncing it would be great if the bin folder would have a staging and production folder build.

Any help, examples, ideas would be great. As I mentioned trying to work out the best streamlined approach that will cover multiple sites is a bit of a headache. I myself could be on 4 different sites in a single day doing 1-3 projects for each making sure they are live, having the updates on staging for people to look at and then pushing live.

Thank You!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft