Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frans de Jong 548 posts 1840 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 05, 2022 @ 11:14
    Frans de Jong

Blocklist editor stuck on loading

Hi All,

I have a weird issue on a site where a blocklist editor is stuck on loading in the backoffice and doesn't render a thing in the front-end. There seems to be something wrong with the content inside of it but I can't find a way out.

In the console I get a warning and an error: enter image description here

I'm in a state where I can remove the content for this culture but another culture cant be removed.

What I tried is removing all content from the blocklist with the "remove all items" button in the backoffice. This threw the following error: enter image description here

Who has a creative solution to fix this issue?

• Nikolaj Herting Olsen 5 posts 75 karma points notactivated
    Jan 20, 2023 @ 13:17
    Nikolaj Herting Olsen

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am experiencing this as well, on seemingly random pages.

• Nikolaj Herting Olsen 5 posts 75 karma points notactivated
    Mar 21, 2023 @ 12:31
    Nikolaj Herting Olsen

I found a solution.

Somehow the blocklist gets updated with a contentTypeKey that is not allowed in the propertyEditor (as the warning message in developer console also explains). It could happen if you edit the allowed blocks in your propertyEditor, but for our project it seems to happen without us deploying changes to the propertyEditor...

anyway..

If you find out the exact contentTypeKey that causes the problem you can find the blocklist in your database with this query (replace nodeId with id of the node that has the problem).

SELECT pt.alias, pd.* FROM umbracoPropertyData as pd     
    inner join cmsPropertyType as pt     
    on pd.propertyTypeiD = pt.id    
    inner join umbracoContentVersion as cv on pd.versionId = cv.id     
    where cv.NodeId = 1498 and cv.[current] = 1

Now you have the exact Id of the entry in UmbracoPropertyData where you need to fix the textValue column.

1. Copy the contents of textValue
    2. Find the entry in "contentData" with the "corrupted" contentTypeKey
    3. Copy udi (you need it for next step) and remove the entry from "contentData".
    4. Remove entry with your copied udi from "Umbraco.BlockList"
    5. Update table UmbracoPropertyData.textValue with your new (minified) json.

Then your blocklist should work again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft