Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Runar Løseth 11 posts 92 karma points
    Aug 18, 2022 @ 11:15
    Runar Løseth

Can only install on SQLite (Umbraco 10.1.0)

I'm trying to deploy an instance of Umbraco to an Azure App Service, and I am only allowed to install on an SQLite database. Locally I have a button that says "Change database", this is nowhere to be seen after deploying.

Sidenote: If I install Umbraco via template in Visual studio I get the same problem locally, only when installing via CLI do I actually get the option to change locally.

I can't seem to find where / how to change this. In my appsettings the connection string is set like this:

"ConnectionStrings": {
    "umbracoDbDSN": "server=SERVER;database=DATABASE;user id=USER;password=PASSWORD",
    "umbracoDbDSN_ProviderName": "Microsoft.Data.SqlClient"}

Cheers!

• paul 11 posts 101 karma points
    Dec 29, 2022 @ 12:49
    paul

Also Umbraco 11 in Production locally there is no option during the install of Umbraco to change SQLite...
    I've used a similar connectionstring and the database got updated so i guess Umbraco does not care about the gui and does what's in the JSON file. Also, found this:

"SQLite support
    This enables a cross-platform embedded database making it easy to get started on Windows as well as Mac and Linux.
    This replaces SQL CE which has reached End Of Life.
    " #confusing

I suppose you are not supposed to setup an SQL database in production anyway ...
    ... anyway it works, right?
    Cheers

ps. and the 'helpful' url on the new forum about how to set up a good and working connection string was way too much information of course. I'd rather see 5 good examples in the documentation. More Cheers.

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 30, 2022 @ 12:16
    Huw Reddick

If I install Umbraco via template in Visual studio

When installing in VS using the Umbraco HQ template, there are some option s relating to datbase setup, if you do anything with these values then you will not be given a choice when the umbraco install wizard runs, if you leave them as is then the wizard should give you the option to setup your database.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft