Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bengan 26 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 06, 2022 @ 07:43
    bengan

Umbraco 10 and external database access by nuget package "Microsoft.Data.SqlClient"

Hey community!

I am struggling with an issue in Umbraco 10 and I hope, you can help me out here!

We are implementing a new website with Umbraco 10 (v10.0.1 as no-cloud-solution with a custom MS SQL Server). When debugging the page in Visual Studio it is showing up and everything is fine.

Now we try accessing an external database. To achieve that I installed the nuget package Microsoft.Data.SqlClient (v4.1.0, same with v5.0.0) with all its dependencies. Now, when I start debugging, the Umbraco page is not starting anymore but the Umbraco installation wizard is shown.

I researched a while but cannot find any hint how to access an external database with Microsoft.Data.SqlClient package in a Umbraco 10 project.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to install the nuget package Microsoft.Data.SqlClient in an Umbraco 10 project?

Thanks in advance, Ben

• Stefan080106 3 posts 33 karma points
    Oct 19, 2022 @ 18:13
    Stefan080106

Hey, I have done today the same in Umbraco 10 and it works fine. Please send your code

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Oct 20, 2022 @ 10:59
    Paul

There's a bug in certain versions of v10 meaning that if the DB connection can't be found it automatically triggers the installation wizard. So that's why that is appearing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft