Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ault Nathanielsz 87 posts 407 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 16:05
    Ault Nathanielsz

LINQ, MNTP and the current node

In Umbraco 10, I'm trying to get a list of projects that have the current node (an agency) picked in an mntp.

My inclination is this:

@foreach (WViewProject project in Umbraco.Content(Guid.Parse("258f6eb4-a07c-4cb1-9b9a-20b021ea296f"))!.Children()!.Where(x => x.Value<string>("WProjAgency") != "" && x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("WProjAgency")!.ContainsAny<IPublishedContent>(Model)).OrderBy(x => x.Value<string>("WWpPropTitleShort")))

I know that the list of projects is good, as I can remove the where statement and I get the expected list of all the projects. The only hurdle is that last bit where I attempt to see if the mntp (WProjAgency) contains @Model.

For clarity:

&& x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("WProjAgency")!.ContainsAny<IPublishedContent>(Model)

I think I'm fairly close, just missing a small element.

That said, if there is a more eloquent way to do this, please let me know.

• Ault Nathanielsz 87 posts 407 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2022 @ 16:14
    Ault Nathanielsz

Solved... Two errors in the code above.

ContainsAny() should be Contains()

e.g. x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("WProjAgency")!.Contains<IPublishedContent>(Model)

Also, the Null Check should be:

x => x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("WProjAgency") is not null

The full statement that works is:

x => x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("WProjAgency") is not null && x.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("WProjAgency")!.Contains<IPublishedContent>(Model)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft