Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabian Beier 7 posts 88 karma points
    Sep 15, 2022 @ 12:34
    Fabian Beier

Umbraco 10, picture turns purple after beeing processed

Hello, I have a weird bug that my picture turns into a different color after it got processed through imageprocessor i guess. When uploading it, it has the normal color an everything looks alright, but displaying it or even in a media picker it has a different color: Original Picture enter image description here

Purple Picture enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

Please help me, it is a really critical bug.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2022 @ 14:22
    Jeavon Leopold

Very interesting issue! Can you share the original image?

Sep 16, 2022 @ 07:31
    Fabian Beier

Here you go. I´ve noticed that the picture works perfectly until its resized. Im 100% certain that the image processor "destroys" the image. enter image description here

• Roy Berris 89 posts 576 karma points c-trib
    Sep 16, 2022 @ 09:39
    Roy Berris

Probably some EXIF meta on that picture. You should remove it. Image processor doesn't like it because it'll crop and do whatever it should. But then your browser will change it.

Try are use https://jimpl.com/ and see if you can find something you're looking for that migth explain this

Sep 16, 2022 @ 09:49
    Jeavon Leopold

I'm unable to replicate the issue, it works fine for me, what version of Umbraco are you running?

• Tarik Es 37 posts 169 karma points
    Sep 16, 2022 @ 10:52
    Tarik Es

It seems that the original image uploaded may have some different color mode or separation. try to see if it's in RGB mode, export it with 72dpi or even use tinyjpg to compress it and see what happens from there.

Sep 16, 2022 @ 11:07
    Fabian Beier

The problem is, we cant edit the pictures before uploading. We are creating a media database in umbraco for a customer. I dont want to check every picture for additional tags, is there maybe a way to modify the picture before uploading in code? By the way im using umbraco 10.

• Roy Berris 89 posts 576 karma points c-trib
    Sep 16, 2022 @ 11:24
    Roy Berris

I know this is possible with ImageSharp 2, but I'm not sure how to hook in to the process when it is uploading (if that is even possible).

Sep 16, 2022 @ 11:10
    Fabian Beier

I checked for some exif data, that may edit the picture in a not wanted way but didnt find any.

• Tarik Es 37 posts 169 karma points
    Sep 16, 2022 @ 11:12
    Tarik Es

I'm not sure there is native way to do that, you'll probably have to work with some APIs or create something to do those checks for you ... But I recommend to just check that specific image to know exactly what's wrong first.

Sep 16, 2022 @ 11:24
    Fabian Beier

I cant find anything about the image, ill try something and let you know if it worked.

Sep 16, 2022 @ 11:33
    Fabian Beier

Little update, we are also using image processor for resizing the picture for downloads and in this case the image gets resized without changing the color. The question now is what does umbraco do different than we do, that changes the color.

Sep 16, 2022 @ 12:16
    Fabian Beier

So I fixed the issue, the problem was with ImageSharp 2.1.2 that has problems with processing color maps. I update the ImageSharp 2.1.3 Library by manually installing the latest version of ImageSharp 2.1.3 and ImageSharp.Web 2.0.2 and now everything works fine. I still need to report the bug to the umbraco development team.

Sep 16, 2022 @ 13:15
    Jeavon Leopold

Great! Umbraco 10.2 already has dependency on SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web 2.0.2 which depends on SixLabors.ImageSharp 2.1.3

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft