Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 169 posts 222 karma points
    1 week ago
    Meni

Upgrade from v7 to v8 - Migrating obsolete datatypes

Hi,

I try to upgrade my website from V7 to V8 (then hopefully V9, V10, etc.)

As a first step before I even begin with the actual upgrade process, I try to migrate the obsolete datatypes.

I was reading few articles / answers here and in other places and I try to figure out how to do it.

I understand that I can't only change in the back office but also in the database. I was reading some people created scripts but I'm little hesitant to run others scripts on my database, so I was thinking to do it manually .

My question - where in the database I need to make the changes after I change in the Backoffice and what do I need to change?

Only

Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker -> new editor: Umbraco.MediaPicker2 Umbraco.MediaPicker -> new editor: Umbraco.MediaPicker2 Umbraco.ContentPickerAlias -> new editor: Umbraco.ContentPicker2 etc. ?

Like, to find in the DB for example Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker and rename to Umbraco.MediaPicker2 ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bellow a screenshot of my db:

enter image description here

• Dennis Aaen 4494 posts 18200 karma points admin hq c-trib
    5 days ago
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Meni

I did some small research to see what I could find that might help you in this case

Have you seen this blogpost before?

https://www.vizioz.com/blog/archive/migrating-obsolete-datatypes-in-umbraco-v7/

Hope this can help you further

All the best

/Dennis

• Meni 169 posts 222 karma points
    3 days ago
    Meni

Hi Dennis, Yes. I was reading your post when I was looking for solutions, very good and useful post.

Anyway, I decided just to do it manually, and this is how I'm doing it:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/110041-image-not-display-after-change-obsolete-media-picker-to-umbracomemberpicker2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft