Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    Sep 19, 2022 @ 06:21
    Meni

Upgrade from v7 to v8 - Migrating obsolete datatypes

Hi,

I try to upgrade my website from V7 to V8 (then hopefully V9, V10, etc.)

As a first step before I even begin with the actual upgrade process, I try to migrate the obsolete datatypes.

I was reading few articles / answers here and in other places and I try to figure out how to do it.

I understand that I can't only change in the back office but also in the database. I was reading some people created scripts but I'm little hesitant to run others scripts on my database, so I was thinking to do it manually .

My question - where in the database I need to make the changes after I change in the Backoffice and what do I need to change?

Only

Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker -> new editor: Umbraco.MediaPicker2 Umbraco.MediaPicker -> new editor: Umbraco.MediaPicker2 Umbraco.ContentPickerAlias -> new editor: Umbraco.ContentPicker2 etc. ?

Like, to find in the DB for example Umbraco.MultipleMediaPicker and rename to Umbraco.MediaPicker2 ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bellow a screenshot of my db:

enter image description here

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 23, 2022 @ 18:55
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Meni

I did some small research to see what I could find that might help you in this case

Have you seen this blogpost before?

https://www.vizioz.com/blog/archive/migrating-obsolete-datatypes-in-umbraco-v7/

Hope this can help you further

All the best

/Dennis

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    Sep 25, 2022 @ 04:51
    Meni

Hi Dennis, Yes. I was reading your post when I was looking for solutions, very good and useful post.

Anyway, I decided just to do it manually, and this is how I'm doing it:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/110041-image-not-display-after-change-obsolete-media-picker-to-umbracomemberpicker2

• Chris Scarry 22 posts 92 karma points
    May 17, 2023 @ 14:58
    Chris Scarry

Hello Meni,

I am also looking to upgrade my site from V7 to V8 and beyond. Would you mind sharing your upgrade steps? What version of V7 were you on and which version of V8 did you upgrade to? Did you just use the Umbraco nuget packages to do the update from V7 to V8? Did you have to use the ProWorks migration tool? I know that was a thing awhile back but not sure if that is still needed or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft