Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Sep 23, 2022 @ 19:30
    John Bergman

Upgrade from V9.5.1 to V10.2.0 shows Install Screen instance of Upgrade Screens

I followed the instructions related to the upgrade information, and watched the video as well (thanks for that -- most helpful).

When I reach the point where I run the site, rather than navigating to the upgrade screen, I get placed on the install screen.

I am using Visual studio 2022, patched up. before I started the upgrade process I verified that I was able to run the project correctly and everything was fine. Frontend and back office were working well.

For the database I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2019

Looking in the log, I see this error:

Configured database is reporting as not being available.

Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted

What is perplexing is I do not see any changes to the connection string, the connection string was working before - (like 5 minutes prior to the upgrade).

I am at somewhat of a loss as to where to look next to solve this issue... anyone have any ideas?

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 25, 2022 @ 06:45
    Sep 26, 2022 @ 14:16
  • Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Sep 26, 2022 @ 11:17
    Nurhak Kaya

I have seen a similar problem after successfully completing a Umbraco upgrade from v9.0.0 to v10.2.0 and the problem was that I couldn't reach my Azure Dev database from my local environment.

After updating my IP address in the Firewall rules of the Azure database, the problem is gone.

enter image description here enter image description here

Sep 26, 2022 @ 15:34
    John Bergman

In my case definitely not the firewall since pre-upgrade was working perfectly. I could see this being an issue on a new install though for sure.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft