Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Sep 26, 2022 @ 21:47
    Mark Drake

Disable RunTimeMinification, or "Smidge", for Production

Smidge currently produces a hash, version, or timestamp and appends it to the end of the file like so:

some-backoffice-javascript-file.js.ad73nasdkjh23432

Our security protocols do not recognize this file extension, so this request is blocked. We seem to be the first to deploy Umbraco 9/10 behind a mountain of security. That's fine, but there needs to be an easy way to either (a) configure it to use the query string or (b) altogether disable it.

Running the app in debug mode is not ideal, but I've turned to a temporary measure for now.

Edit: I removed some of my sass. Get it? It's a FED joke... :)

Oct 06, 2022 @ 01:07
    Mark Drake

I've recently submitted a pull request to the Smidge project. If approved (and working correctly), this will add a new configuration property, protectFileExtensions. This change results in Smidge respecting the file extension of bundled files – i.e., the cache busting is moved to just before the original file extension, either .css or .js.

If you are a C# developer experiencing the same issue, please review my PR. I'm a front-end developer ;).

Oct 13, 2022 @ 15:22
    Mark Drake

For anyone searching, I could not find any way to disable Smidge's minification and bundling.

The solution I proposed can be found here in the following PR.

It's changed since my last post on this topic. The new configuration value is currently labeled keepFileExtensions. It would solve the core issue explained in the original post.

All the best,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft