Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markus Ebert 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 27, 2022 @ 11:28
    Markus Ebert

Unable to install my Google Tag Manager-script on different pages of website.

Hello everyone

I'm not a developer, I just work with Umbraco as CMS.

I have an issue tracking different important parts of the website I'm working on.

1. I'm unable to post the GTM Container-snippet on the general "Site"-option as seen on the image. Even though I save with the snippet posted in the header it doesn't translate into being posted on the webpage, when I check the source code. Isn't that what people usually recommend if you want to track most pages on your website? To put the snippet/code into your header and thereby usually most of the website? Main option in navigation "Site".

2. If we take a look at, for instance, my "purchase"-page. My most important conversion. I'm not able to manually put my snippet code into a "Script"-tab as was the case with the first "Site"-option. And also a lot of other webpages. If I press the urls in the bottom that I've blurred, I'm just getting redirected to the homepage. The /thank-you or /receipt -page is working. But I can't insert a snippet code on the page and therefore I can't track my most important conversion.

/thank-you

Can you please help me?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 28, 2022 @ 07:32
    Søren Kottal

Hi Markus

You need to contact your developer on this. Seems like something in missing in the templates for your pages.

• Markus Ebert 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 05, 2022 @ 14:41
    Markus Ebert

Hi Søren

Thank you for your response.

I will contact my developer and hopefully we'll find a solution to this problem.

I had no idea it was even possible for the developers to have something "missing in the templates", when setting up the website for a client. Just buggles me how it says: "Script Page Header" and even has a short description of how to use the feature, but then it doesn't work. Anyway, thank you.

Sincerely Markus

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft