Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alaa Adel 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 03, 2022 @ 12:09
    Alaa Adel

Using umbraco 10 in a domain driven design architecture

Dears,

I am going to use umbraco 10 in a domain driven design solution. So the solution will include the following projects

• Application
    • Domain
    • Persistence
    • Infrastructure
    • Presentation

I am still thinking where should I locate generated models and services that will retrieve or add content.

Solution # 1

Create a domain model with the same properties as back-office but will generate models in persistence layer. Create interfaces like repositories in application layer but implementations will be in persistence layer also

• Pros:

Application and Domain layers will be fully independent "I mean will not depend on Umbraco"

Persistence layer will be the only layer that depend on Umbraco and i think this is meet the clean architecture

• Cons:

Implementation will be more complex and needs lots of mapping operations to map between domain entities, DTOs and generated models

Solution # 2

Generate back-office models in domain layer Create interfaces like repositories in application layer but implementations will be in persistence layer also

• Pros:

Easy to implement

• Cons:

Domain layer will depend on Umbraco and i think this is will violate clean architecture as domain layer shouldn't depend on any other layer, frameworks, libraries or a 3rd party.

So can u help me to decide which is the best solution or can you suggest a new solution?

Thanks in advance...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft