Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 22 posts 144 karma points
    Oct 04, 2022 @ 19:50
    Stephen

Umbraco Forms 9 to 10 Upgrade Issues

I have a solution I'm attempting to upgrade from Umbraco 9 to Umbraco 10.

• Umbraco.Cms 9.5.2
    • Umbraco.Forms 9.3.0
    • No unattended upgrade settings have been configured

Running the upgrade process as documented results in the issue described here: An infinite redirect to ~/account/accessdenied which eventually stalls because the redirect query parameter grows too long.

The user logged in to apply the upgrade has full administrator permissions.

The logs show that despite the error, an upgrade is still carried out behind the scenes.

Following the workaround outlined in the above thread, or stopping and restarting the solution results in the issue described here: An error that indicates an Umbraco.Forms version mismatch:

-> Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "236973fb-2461-40d0-8e04-cb74e15481fa".

Removing Umbraco.Forms from the solution entirely and upgrading just Umbraco.Cms to version 10 is successful. Attempting to then restore and upgrade Umbraco.Forms to version 10 separately results in the same issues as above.

It seems like the Umbraco.Forms upgrade isn't completing correctly, and leaving the database in an unrecoverable state.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 05, 2022 @ 06:33
    Søren Kottal

It says here you need to be at the latest minor of Forms, before upgrading to 10.x.x https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Installation/Version-Specific#100

Oct 06, 2022 @ 05:29
    Stephen

Thanks Søren, that has done the trick.

Do you know what it is about the early 9.x to 10 upgrade that makes this necessary?

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 06, 2022 @ 06:05
    Søren Kottal

I think it has to do with the change to SQLite in Umbraco 10 https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Forms.Issues/issues/892#issuecomment-1268026958

Oct 06, 2022 @ 06:17
    Stephen

Excellent, thank you again!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft