Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Nash 7 posts 78 karma points
    Oct 07, 2022 @ 08:03
    Simon Nash

Media Picker - Upload button disabled bug

I have a couple of sites using Umbraco 9 that exhibit the same issue with the media picker.

When the user first clicks to add an image the Upload button is disabled and the + to add a new folder is missing. If the user clicks Close and clicks Add again the media picker opens correctly with the buttons enabled/shown.

I've seen a couple of posts about this in version 8 but I'm seeing it in versions 9.4.1 and 9.5.4

Is this fully fixed in 10 or is there a workaround I'm missing?

Many thanks!

Example of the disabled state: enter image description here

• Ross 14 posts 105 karma points
    Nov 10, 2022 @ 14:11
    Ross

I'm seeing the exact same issue in Umbraco 10.2. It's sporadic, but still quite frequent.

• Ross 14 posts 105 karma points
    Nov 10, 2022 @ 14:48
    Ross

I have a way to replicate this consistently. Seems to be to do with the fact the picker remembers the last location and permissions.

In our case we have 2 pickers - one regular, out of the box Media Picker and another which enforces a starting folder, lets say "Media/News".

The issue seems to be if the picker's last location was something else (i.e. "Media/Products", then trying to create a News item (which is where we enforce a starting folder) would display the disabled button.

Subsequent invocation of the Select media dialog works fine.

Issue raised here

Nov 16, 2022 @ 23:33
    Simon Nash

I'm glad I'm not alone. I typically enforce starting folders for all media pickers which may well explain why it's occurring frequently.

Glad you've raised the issue as it's been around for a couple of major versions now.

Thanks

Dec 14, 2022 @ 10:26
    Simon Nash

A quick follow up for anyone searching this issue. I have found that media pickers without a start node don't suffer from this issue.

It was important for our implementation that a start node is specified on media pickers so we've had to choose between uploads not working on the first request or not having a start node.

• paul 11 posts 101 karma points
    Sep 24, 2023 @ 10:19
    paul

Umbraco 12.2.0

On my phone I found the button greyed out for the default Multiple Media Picker (Umbraco.MediaPicker3 and the Legacy version) and the Multiple Image Media Picker. Setting the "Ignore User Start Nodes" to true does not help. To set a start node does not work so I bet the issue has to do with finding the start node. It seems there were issues in Umbraco 7.15.1 also. My best guess is during transport from the development environment to the live setup the cache did not clear & rebuild properly (but reloading and rebuilding the Caches in settings does not do the trick). I will follow your threat. Tnx and let me know if i can test something.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft