Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Conor Howe 36 posts 137 karma points
    Oct 07, 2022 @ 15:35
    Conor Howe

Write lock must be acquried when using content service

Hello!

I currently have a background service importing some data. When the scope has completed for this data import a custom notification is fired. This is picked up by a few handlers, and one of those handlers updates a field within the CMS for the last time the importer has run.

When saving the change using the IContentService an exception is thrown from a NuCache assembly saying a write lock must be acquried.

Has any body encountered this before or have any ideas on where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advanced!

• Rosen Petrov 8 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 17, 2022 @ 10:24
    Rosen Petrov

Hey, did you find a solution for this?

Nov 17, 2022 @ 10:29
    Conor Howe

Kind of - I ended up refactoring the service a bit and opted to look through the Umbraco source code for answers.

I found that internally they were using the ICoreScopeProvider and setting a WriteLock with that. I have gone for this approach so far and seems to be performing better, but still get the issue intermittently

Nov 21, 2022 @ 15:22
    Rosen Petrov

It is very interesting. In my case, I am hooking into a Published Notification and I change and publish another content entity. When I have published a single culture, all works fine. But when I publish multiple cultures, it starts failing on the second or last. I will look for the ICoreScopeProvider and the WriteLock and see if it helps.

Nov 21, 2022 @ 15:24
    Conor Howe

Yeah let me know how it goes!

If you find anything else could you give me an update please? Likewise I will update here if I find anything else.

Nov 22, 2022 @ 09:18
    Rosen Petrov

Hey, in my case, I had an async code and I used an async handler. When I switched to the not async handler and called GetAwaiter().GetResult() on my async logic I stopped getting the exception. I tried with the ScopeProvider and couldn't make it work. I have had other cases where I wanted to make an async code using IContentService but I had similar issues. Unfortunatelly, I don't know how to fix it but for now, in my case, notasync logic will work fine. There is definetelly something into these scopes but I can't find any documentation on how they work and how to use them..

Nov 22, 2022 @ 10:28
    Conor Howe

That's interesting as mine is within an async method. I will have a look at changing that and see what happens.

Thanks for pointing me towards this way, appreciate it! I will let you know how I get on 😊

• LandLogic IT 3 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 08, 2023 @ 09:06
    LandLogic IT

Yes , method async create error on call this method:

_mediaService.CreateMediaWithIdentity or _contentService.SaveAndPublish

the error : Write lock must be acquried.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft