Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TheFiorano 6 posts 76 karma points
    Oct 10, 2022 @ 16:30
    TheFiorano

Site references azure blob storage for media - help

Hi Everyone,

We received our umbraco site from our developers a few months ago and we set it up locally and it was running fine (version 7.10.4)...

A few days ago - we noticed the site wasn't responding and getting the error :

Server Error in '/' Application. The remote name could not be resolved: 'sitename.blob.core.windows.net'

Our site isn't large at all and happy for it to continue to store media locally - so are there any config changes I can make to stop it trying to reference sitename.blob.core.windows.net?

Also, to add Ive tried locating all instances in the back end code that reference sitename.blob.core.windows.net and ive changed them to sitename1.blob.core.windows.net, sitename2.blob.core.windows.net etc to see I I can trap the error - but the site still displays the original error message which is strange (even after resetting IIS and the server itself) - would there be anything in the SQL DB I could change?

Or, can anyone advise how I can set up alternative azure blob storage and use that instead - just to get the site operational again?

Many thanks Fiorano

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft