Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick Mason 8 posts 91 karma points
    Oct 12, 2022 @ 15:09
    Rick Mason

UI change for selecting the data type of a property

When you're editing a property on a document type, there's a dialog which lets you set the name, alias, data type and whether the property is required.

When reviewing the 10.3RC I noticed that this had changed - it actually happened in 10.1, but I don't see anything on the list of issues for 10.1 so I'm not sure what the rationale was.

Before 10.1:

Edit or swap data type before 10.1

10.1 and later:

Edit or swap data type from 10.1

I have to use Sitecore sometimes and this is one of my pet hates - there is a dialog which includes the options 'Edit' and 'Change' and I never remember which one I want because they mean the same thing! Now the same confusion is in the friendly CMS.

The old version also had a nice big click target of 90% of the area leading to editing the data type, which is now reduced to a tiny target over the word 'Edit' which makes it more difficult to get to the common action.

I wonder if others agree that this is confusing, or if anyone knows the rationale for this change? The old version seems to be good on accessibility so I don't think it was that.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft