Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Juan Londono 7 posts 86 karma points
    Oct 19, 2022 @ 13:26
    Juan Londono

U10 Publishing via Visual Studio - CI/CD pipeline DLLs in the root

When I deploy an U10 project in Visual Studio (right click on the project -> Publish), it publishes all the files but also the DLLs from the bin folder into the root directory among many other files that shouldn’t be there. See screenshot .

The main objective is to deploy via Azure Devops Pipeline ( https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/Umbraco-Deploy/installing-deploy/CICD-Pipeline/ci-cd-azure-dev-ops ) but the pipeline is deploying all those files in the root of the website because the publishing from VS is creating them. Unfortunately we can't use Umbraco Deploy and we're using Usync instead . So how can I use the CI/CD Pipeline with U10 so on the target server I have my released version of the project? Many thanks in advance

screenshot here

• Paul 184 posts 646 karma points
    Oct 20, 2022 @ 11:23
    Paul

That's what a compiled .net core site (which Umb v10 is) looks like. It's normal, nothing to worry about. I'd suggest if you're using DevOps that you do your builds on there in the pipeline section and then conduct your releases via DevOps releases.

• Juan Londono 7 posts 86 karma points
    Oct 21, 2022 @ 18:35
    Juan Londono

Thanks Paul. I'm aware that this is the standard .NET Core deployment structure; I was just confused because I was expecting the Umbraco templates/nugets/etc to "clean" the published folder; but never mind if that's how it works then it is what it is. Thanks for the clarification.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft