Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adriano Fabri 459 posts 1602 karma points
    Oct 20, 2022 @ 15:09
    Adriano Fabri

(Umbraco 10) How to disable backoffice access on frontend servers in a Load Balance configuration

Hi to all,

I would to configure a new website with load balancing with Umbraco 10.

I state that in the past I have already configured Umbraco websites (7 and 8) in load balancing and on frontend servers I removed the umbraco folder to disable access to the backoffice.

Now...I have been working with Umbraco 10 for relatively little time and I would like to understand how to do the same thing.

I have read the official documentation(Umbraco in Load Balanced Environments), but I didn't found any info about it.

Can anyone give me informations about it?

Thank you in advance Adriano

• Laurin 14 posts 134 karma points
    Oct 21, 2022 @ 08:57
    Laurin

We made the thing working with the robots.txt.

Disallow:/umbraco

Oct 21, 2022 @ 14:25
    Adriano Fabri

Thank you Laurin for the answer, but it feels more like a workaround rather than the solution.

I believe instead (but it may not be so) that we can set specific settings that allow umbraco to understand which is the Backoffice Server and which is the Frontend Server that does not have the backoffice (or is disabled/not accessible).

Adriano

• Darren Hunter 103 posts 194 karma points
    Oct 21, 2022 @ 09:55
    Darren Hunter

You could also use a URL rewrite instruction to block access to the URL as well.

It looks like in Version 10 there no way of changing /umbraco I was looking for a way to do it on a project I am working on and it seems like the Umbraco devs for some reason or other have decided not to allow this action.

Oct 21, 2022 @ 14:30
    Adriano Fabri

Thanks Darren, infact I have already thought of this solution if I don't find an official solution

Adriano

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Oct 21, 2022 @ 13:23
    Yakov Lebski

You can also disable the middleware for back office

enter image description here

Oct 21, 2022 @ 14:52
    Adriano Fabri

Hi Yakov, I think that this is the right way.

Only for info...if I comment only the line 64 as you indicated, I can still access the backoffice.

If I comment only the line 70 instead (or if I comment both), I can't access the route "/umbraco".

Thank you very much...I'll do this in the new Load Balanced configuration.

Adriano

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft