Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Karlsson 5 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 24, 2022 @ 16:53
    Anders Karlsson

Hi, there is a bug in Filter-function, in Order-page. Steps: Using the "Advanced Filter", and (in my case) writing something in Order Lines -> Properties , which the system apparently dislikes.

Result: Orderpage locked. See attached. And can no longer reach Advanced Filter-button (marked circle), to Reset.

Error-Msg: Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to search orders

• There are no way to Reset.
    • Log out + log in doesn't help either
    • Clear web cache does not help.

Umbraco version 8.18.0 , Mozilla Firefox.

How to reset search?

enter image description here

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Oct 25, 2022 @ 08:52
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Anders,

I believe the search filter is stored in local storage in your browser so you'd need to clear that to clear the filter.

It would be good to know if there are any errors in the trace log to do with this, or if you can open dev tools to see what error the API call is producing.

Also what do you mean by "which the system apparently dislikes"? How exactly does it "dislike" it?

• Anders Karlsson 5 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 25, 2022 @ 11:03
    Anders Karlsson

Hi, thanks. Ok solution is in Firefox: Settings->Cookies and Site Data-> Manage data -> Clear/remove the site this issue occured at. (when you dont want to clear all)

I will see if I find trace log.

By "dislike" it I ment the system response was to lock the view :)

But think possible reproduce this ( I can now) : Just click Filter-icon, goto Order Lines ->Properties Enter for example "X" and click Apply

regards,

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Oct 25, 2022 @ 12:47
    Matt Brailsford

Glad you resolved this, and thanks for providing the replication instructions as I can see what the issue is now.

The properties filter description says you need to provide a property filter in the format alias:value where you aren't, you are just supplying a value and so it's erroring. I'll add some error checking so that it ignores statements that don't adhear to that format, but in terms of getting it to actualy filter the results, you need to supply the filter in the aformentioned format.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft