Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sharif Hassan 11 posts 101 karma points
    Oct 27, 2022 @ 06:28
    Sharif Hassan

umbarco The SMTP server does not support the STARTTLS extension.

Am using Umbraco 10.2 am trying to add SMTP for forgot password and invite user to back office users.

I add my SMTP configuration in app settings.

but i got this error : System.NotSupportedException: The SMTP server does not support the STARTTLS extension. at MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpClient.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, SecureSocketOptions options, Boolean doAsync, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Mail.EmailSender.SendAsyncInternal(EmailMessage message, String emailType, Boolean enableNotification) at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Mail.EmailSender.SendAsync(EmailMessage message, String emailType) at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Controllers.AuthenticationController.PostRequestPasswordReset(RequestPasswordResetModel model) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.TaskOfIActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments) at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.

• Huw Reddick 1770 posts 6156 karma points MVP c-trib
    Oct 27, 2022 @ 07:39
    Huw Reddick

what settings have you used? Sounds like your smtp server doesn't support the protocol/port you have chosen

Oct 27, 2022 @ 08:43
    Sharif Hassan

yes it smpt server: "Smtp": { "enableSsl": null, "From": "xxxxxxxx", "Host": "xxxxxxx, "Port": , "SecureSocketOptions": "StartTls", "Username": "xxxxxxxxxxxx", "Password": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" }

Oct 27, 2022 @ 08:48
    Huw Reddick

try setting "SecureSocketOptions" to "Auto" plus you also need to provide the port number

These are my settings, but you will need to check with your mailhost as to what is supported.

"Smtp": {
          "From": "xxxxxxxxxxx",
          "Host": "xxxxxxxxxxx",
          "SecureSocketOptions": "Auto",
          "Port": 587,
          "Username": "xxxxxxxxxxxx",
          "Password": "xxxxxxxxx"
        }

Oct 27, 2022 @ 08:55
    Sharif Hassan

i got a new error Unable to parse status code returned by the server.

Oct 27, 2022 @ 10:20
    Huw Reddick

what smtp ports/protocols does your mailhost support?

Oct 28, 2022 @ 06:27
    Sharif Hassan

i just change the port to 587 and now it is working thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft