Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Hunter 103 posts 194 karma points
    Oct 27, 2022 @ 14:37
    Darren Hunter

Need so make some bespoke changes to entries.html and umbraco.forms.js in Umbraco Version 10

Is there a way to make changes to

entries.html and umbraco.forms.js in Umbraco 10.

Or add some sort of over ride to allow the bespoke changes that where made on the version 8 site to be carried over to version 10,

Version 10 to me seems to be a lot more restricted then version 8 was.

Other wise the customer looses functionality the have got used to.

Oct 28, 2022 @ 07:51
    Darren Hunter

I have tried to publish the site and then copy the App_Plug in from the published version of the site now when I run the project I get the following error.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error Conflicting assets with the same target path 'AppPlugins/UmbracoForms/Assets/aspnet-client-validation/dist/aspnet-validation.min.js'. For assets 'Identity: C:\Development\web\sitename, \sitename, \wwwroot\AppPlugins\UmbracoForms\Assets\aspnet-client-validation\dist\aspnet-validation.min.js, SourceType: Discovered, SourceId: sitename, , ContentRoot: C:\Development\web\sitename, \sitename, \wwwroot\, BasePath: content/sitename, RelativePath: AppPlugins/UmbracoForms/Assets/aspnet-client-validation/dist/aspnet-validation.min.js, AssetKind: All, AssetMode: All, AssetRole: Primary, RelatedAsset: , AssetTraitName: , AssetTraitValue: , CopyToOutputDirectory: Never, CopyToPublishDirectory: PreserveNewest, OriginalItemSpec: wwwroot\AppPlugins\UmbracoForms\Assets\aspnet-client-validation\dist\aspnet-validation.min.js' and 'Identity: C:\Users\DarrenHunter.nuget\packages\umbraco.forms.staticassets\10.1.3\staticwebassets\Assets\aspnet-client-validation\dist\aspnet-validation.min.js, SourceType: Package, SourceId: Umbraco.Forms.StaticAssets, ContentRoot: C:\Users\DarrenHunter.nuget\packages\umbraco.forms.staticassets\10.1.3\staticwebassets\, BasePath: AppPlugins/UmbracoForms, RelativePath: Assets/as

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 28, 2022 @ 08:22
    Søren Kottal

What changes did you do?

You can't change the core files anymore, so you need to use some of the techniques mentioned in these blog posts:

Tweaking Umbraco 7 Back Office

Beyond Umbraco – Hooking AngularJS

Oct 28, 2022 @ 08:25
    Darren Hunter

I need to add some extra Colum to entries and a copy and past function to the javascript.

As the version 8 site has this and I do not want the customer to lose this functionality.

So when a entire is opened it is copied to the clip board.

Oct 28, 2022 @ 13:03
    Darren Hunter

Is there a way to override the umbraco.forms.JS file using angular to add the bits of Javascript I need to add from the version 8 site.

There was some changes made to the underlying functions all I want to simple do is the a version of these functions and ignore the ones in umbraco.forms.JS.

But forms or VS seems to be blocking me at every turn.

All I want to override is the viewEntryDetails event.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft