Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anil Kumar 41 posts 202 karma points
    Oct 31, 2022 @ 22:33
    Anil Kumar

Plumber Workflow for Umbraco- Trouble shooting

We have updated the Plumber workflow to 2.1.9. All the users are experiencing the infinite spinning of the Request Publish button. Could someone please assist?

enter image description here

Appreciate your response!!

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Oct 31, 2022 @ 23:17
    Nathan Woulfe

Hey Anil, I'd guess that this is due to the unpublished ancestor nodes - not sure why that would impact submitting the workflow, but it will prevent completing as the node won't be publishable.

Things to confirm: - the current node has workflow configured - if not, an ancestor node has workflow configured - current Umbraco version - any logged errors (either browser console or Umbraco logs)

Nov 01, 2022 @ 04:13
    Anil Kumar

@Nathan Woulfe

Appreciate your quick response.

Detailed Analysis on Server: I have verified the following from the server which has version 2.0.2 without the upgrade

1. I have verified the ancestor nodes are all published.

2. No workflow is configured enter image description here

3.Current Umbraco Version is 8.18.5

4.Error on server is only when you Request publish for first time in server with version 2.0.2. enter image description here

5.Able to complete the Request publish on the second time when you return to the same node by going out to ancestral node and returning back to the child node.

Plumber Upgrade issues on local: Something is wrong after upgrading to the version 2.1.9. I am receiving the following errors along with Request Publish errors while navigating through the workflow section in local where as these are working in the server with version 2.0.2

Nov 01, 2022 @ 06:51
    Nathan Woulfe

Those errors all look like caching - I've just installed a clean 2.1.9 into latest Umbraco 8, requests are different eg the last screenshot requests /Plumber/Groups/GetPage/true/1/10000, correct URL is /Plumber/Groups/GetPage?slim=false&page=1&count=10&filter=

Try clearing all caches and incrementing the client dependency version number.

The first issue may be related, I'll need more time to investigate.

Nov 01, 2022 @ 16:33
    Anil Kumar

Thank you for your response.. I have just cleared the Cache and incremented the Client dependency. It seems like this resolved most of the 404 errors in console. However, I see the Request Publish is disabled and couldn't make it enabled in any way. Any thoughts?

Nov 01, 2022 @ 22:43
    Nathan Woulfe

Hi Anil

I can't reproduce the disabled button, but have tracked down the previous issue - it's related to new content in a list view. Will look into exactly what's going on.

Nov 02, 2022 @ 18:19
    Anil Kumar

@Nathan Woulfe..

Appreciate for looking into the issue. Would you suggest any earlier versions to upgrade from 2.0.2 instead of 2.1.9 in meantime so that we can move things going ?

Thanks, Anil Kumar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft