Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dev-thandabantu 41 posts 321 karma points
    Nov 16, 2022 @ 06:36
    dev-thandabantu

Filter Umbraco Form dropdown list programmatically

I have an Umbraco form. I would like to filter my dropdown list to exclude certain options depending on the logged in user. I know how to perform the filtering. But I don't know how to access the dropdown list so I can perform the filtering. Some of the answers I have seen here are a bit too abstract for me to understand and I am looking for an answer beginner-friendly steps on how to go about this. FYI: Editor

Nov 16, 2022 @ 10:08
    dev-thandabantu

I am clearly lost on how to go about doing this. I just spent the past two hours following this documentation: Adding a field type to Umbraco Forms. Yes I have learnt a lot (good for me) but the end result isn't what I am trying to achieve.

Following the documentation got me this: End result

As I said above, what I actually want is to be able to filter a dropdown list on an existing Umbraco form (not create a new answer type or new editor, etc).

So, if anyone has an idea, please help me.

Nov 16, 2022 @ 15:14
    dev-thandabantu

So I have had more time to play around, read and think some more. And I am starting to question if it is possible to achieve what I want. Here is my thought process:

• The dropdown list is part of the Document Type that my registration document/page is using
    • But it is actually deeper than that.
    • Because on the Document Type the form is inserted as a complete Form Component with the dropdown list already in place.
    • In other words, the dropdown list is not coming from the Document and neither is it coming from the Document Type.
    • Which left me asking if the Content Service and ContentType Service are any useful for my needs.
    • I am not sure yet, but my suspicion is that they are both incapable of getting the dropdown list.
    • Leaving these two services aside, how else can I access the dropdown list?
    • Is it possible to access it or that's beyond the capability of Umbraco Forms extending?

This is where I am now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft