Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Galil 29 posts 111 karma points
    Dec 01, 2022 @ 10:35
    Galil

Recommendation of translation tools?

Hi Umbracians,

We have made a global website, but are looking to make different language ( Spanish, Chinese, German etc.) versions.

We have been using the free version of Jumoo Translation Manager.

So my question is: is this the best solution to buy and upgrade, which cost £935 excl.VAT?

Are there other good translation tools for Umbraco that would be better and more useful?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 01, 2022 @ 12:00
    Nik

This is by far the best option. Translation Manager is leading tool for Translations with Umbraco in my opinion.

There are a couple of other packages that try and help with Translations I think, but nothing as comprehensive and well supported as Translation Manager.

Dec 01, 2022 @ 12:14
    Galil

Ok thanks!

Last thing, is it easy to implement? When our agency implemented the free version, do you know how long that would take? Does it cost anything to do?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 01, 2022 @ 12:18
    Nik

I "think" it should be a case of updating the license file and enabling the next language.

As for if your site can handle the additional language from a build perspective that would be a question for your agency.

Dec 01, 2022 @ 12:41
    Galil

Okay thanks Nik, because we just got a bill from our former agency for implementing the free version, which I am wondering why cost so much to do, when it's a free version and now we have to upgrade and pay again :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft