Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Oostwouder 100 posts 296 karma points
    Dec 08, 2022 @ 07:47
    Jeroen Oostwouder

U7 cacheproblems, still a problem in U10?

Hi there,

I've had an old website on U7 yesterday showing some strange behaviour. That site created a node for each form that was send (as a backup for our customer). On top of that, it saved the node published. I know it's bad practice, and we have changed this behaviour years ago for (then) new sites. But this site contains the old way.

Over the years, the node with "sent forms" contained 28K published nodes. Which resulted in a umbraco.config file of 60+MB. We started noticing strange behaviour in Umbraco, where editted content wouln't be saved correctly.

I changed some things in that site, so it doens't publish all those nodes anymore. This resulted in 28K nodes less in the index (ofcourse) and reduced the umbraco.config file back to 4MB.

My biggest questions would be:

• Can't Umbraco (7) handle more than 20/30K nodes? Or is the main reason the fact that they are all under 1 single parent (28K siblings)
    • Does Umbraco10 have a more efficient cache? Or could we see the same problems with Umbraco10?

I thought 10K nodes for a single site was a lot, but webshops like Venr seem to save products as nodes too. So with a big webshop 10K isn't that much.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft