Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Johnston 16 posts 106 karma points
    Dec 08, 2022 @ 19:24
    Robert Johnston

Block with Macro Select option without RTE

Good morning everyone, I just want to see if there is a way to create a block that allows you to select a macro and its parameters - like the old grid editor had. I'm working in Umbraco 11 where the grid editor no longer is an option to use.

Thanks.

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 08, 2022 @ 19:40
    Huw Reddick

I don't think so, I replaced my macros with a blockgrid component and viewcomponent to render it. I'm travelling at the moment, but can post an example over the weekend

• Austin Gilbert 2 posts 73 karma points
    Dec 15, 2022 @ 23:07
    Austin Gilbert

I was just trying to find a way to do this myself. Currently there isn't a property editor for that. However you could try making your own "Macro Picker" property editor yourself by reusing/copying the existing Backoffice angular controllers and razor files from the existing macro grid editor.

That way you'd be able to make data types that can be added to your block grid document types. I might try requesting this property editor to be an OOTB feature in Umbraco's GitHub if there isn't any plans to phase out macro views.

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/extending/property-editors

• Robert Johnston 16 posts 106 karma points
    Dec 27, 2022 @ 20:56
    Robert Johnston

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for the response, I went with creating a block with the parameters I would have used in the macro.

I really do hope that they add a macro select property editor in the future.

Thanks again everyone.

• Tom Newt 28 posts 182 karma points
    Sep 15, 2023 @ 17:52
    Tom Newt

Hi Robert, what do you have in your partial view for the block element to get the macro to display? Currently I'm adding macros through the rich text editor but I really don't like that workflow.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft